Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Playhouse in Sketchup

Before we built the playhouse we first modeled it in a 3D drawing program called Sketchup. This free program has a fairly steep learning curve, but for projects like this it's absolutely invaluable to help visualize the interior and exterior of a building concept. Here's a snapshot from Sketchup of the playhouse schematic. (We didn't actually build it quite this way; I only used four of the five 12' roof beams and haven't added the porch yet. But otherwise this is an accurate model.)
I can send you the original Sketchup file if you like; just drop me an email.

1 comment:

David K. said...

Thanks for the idea. I'll definitely check this program out. (In fact, I'm downloading it right now.) It sounds like it could be a helpful tool in doing my condo renovation.

Speaking of which, the latest and probably final kitchen layout & first floor wiring diagram can be downloaded here. Blue means existing wiring/fixtures. Pink is proposed wiring. The drawing is only 2D though. :-(